Wednesday, October 16, 2024

ACL 2024: Heat

I was curious about the heat this year.  Feels like the kind of thing where every year I gripe about it being hotter than ever, but I know for a fact that one of the years was outrageous.  I can remember the lines at the snow cone stand in 2015, second weekend, being insanely long because we all thought we were going to die of heat.  But I looked it up, and according to Austin Monthly, the hottest days were mostly long ago.

Although, that image is sort of BS because in 2019 there were two day 3s.  Which one?  But still.  107?  Hot damn.  I thought we were miserable at 92 during weekend one.  But then second weekend hit this year and Sunday popped up over 100 again.  No freaking thank you.

I wonder if they could ever move the festival back?  Like, could they do the first two weekends of November?  Seems like a winning idea to me.

No comments: