Wednesday, August 26, 2026

BUNT.

One Liner:  EVEN MORE regular ass EDM

Wikipedia Genre:  Electronic folk, folk house, deep house, techno, garage house
Home: Stuttgart, Germany

Poster Position: Top Quarter - Line 6.
Both Weekends. 
Friday at 5:30

SnapChat Stage

Thoughts:  SON OF A GUN!  Is everything on this poster EDM?!?!?!  I can't take much more of this.  Never thought I would wish for Mumford to be on this poster again, but here we are.

Levi Wijk is a German "folk DJ."  The fuck is a "folk DJ"?  Trust me, he is not doing his sick beats using a banjo or something.  In German, bunt means "colorful."  So that is nice.  This used to be a duo, but Nico Crispin bailed in May 2021.  He left to run a tennis brand.  Sure.  Of course.  Never really understand DJ duos.  It only takes one person to program the computer and then act like the knobs do something.

I will admit, he has a track with Temper Trap remaking their big hit, and when it slows down the vocals a lot, that was kind of cool.  He also does a remix of Taylor Swift's "Opalite" that some how made that bad song even worse.  "Clouds" crushes the rest of his songs on stream count - nothing else touches 70 million, but this one has 427.4 million.

like Levi's smile very much.  That is a genuine expression of happiness and I like it.  The song does nothing for me.  Let's get this over with.  "TRIPPIN" has 69.4 million streams.

I mean, yeah, that show looks awesome in a packed club full of knuckleheads there to dance and go crazy.  But the idea of just sitting here and listening to this music as I work or cook or read a book could not be further from something I would do.  Blurg.  Wish me luck with my next random selection of a band name.

No comments:

Post a Comment