Thursday, August 27, 2026

Sienna Spiro

One Liner: Another London girl power-belting pop-soul
Wikipedia Genre: pop, jazz, soul
Home: London

Poster Position: Top Quarter - Line 4

Day: Friday at 3:30
Weekend Two Only.

Miller Lite Stage

Thoughts:  Comes off like another power-belter in the Winehouse, Adele, Olivia Dean lineage.  She, like many other extremely pretty young artists, got her start by posting videos of herself singing on TikTok and went viral from there.  She released her first official single in May 2024 and by November was named a "Musician to Watch" by something called Dazed.  Her big breakthrough came near the end of 2025, when she released "Die on this Hill" and it shot up to #9 in the UK.  498.6 million streams.

Sure, very pretty.  Feels like something I may have already heard before today, but I'm not sure if that is because it is generic or if I actually heard it somewhere.  Her top lip shape is very distracting to me.  Completely different than any top lip I can recall.  Also, hugging that weird stuffed doll thing to sing it its ear is so very unhinged.  I have listened through her catalog twice now, and the Spotify keeps playing Olivia Dean once all of Sienna's songs are done, and sadly, I just prefer Dean to this.

One EP, one album (2026's Visitor), and one song on the Devil Wears Prada 2 soundtrack.  She has also been nominated for a few awards - American Music Awards, Brit Awards - but no wins as of now.  Her second and third most streamed are from the new album, so I'll give you the soundtrack track.  "Material Lover" with 48.2 million streams.

A live version, but you get the idea.  Her voice is great, she looks lovely, all those things.  But I am just not interested in any of it.  I very much doubt I would go watch this set happen in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment