One Liner: Latin Trap seems like genre to avoid
Poster Position: Second Quarter - Line 8.
Both Weekends.
Day and Time.
[location]
Thoughts: Not trying to be rude, but I literally was about to start doing some other task at work, noticed the sounds coming from my speakers, said "I gotta get this thing done and move on," and then involuntarily shivered like I had tasted bad sushi. I'm going to say that this is like if Bad Bunny did techno? I don't pay attention to either of those genres, so that could be entirely off, but it makes sense to me.
Ruslan Mediavilla is from Spain, and Wikipedia claims that he explores: "underground and avant-garde genres such as bedroom pop, R&B, reggaeton, techno, hip hop and even jazz." He began his musical training by the age of four at the music school run by his mother, who was a member of a Belarusian folk group. He also studied piano at a professional conservatory. The background of the name here is that it combines his nickname of "Rus" with the name of the little green dude from Monsters, Inc. Which, uh, sure.
Lots of singles until his one album, DAISY, from 2025. "MalibU" is his top track with 108.7 million streams.
I was thinking 'bout you, BIROMBA. A little English, a lot of Spanish. I don't care for it. I am about to go vacation in Costa Rica, so maybe I need to download this to my phone so that we can roll down the windows of the rental and look legit as we cruise around the hard streets of some fancy beach resort.
His second biggest streamer is a 2022 single called "mwah :3". I have looked at that and thought through the meaning of that song title and nothing I can come up with makes me more comfortable than what I first considered. 67 million streams.
Dammit. Now I am getting AT&T commercials en Espanol before these videos. Doing this blog jacks up my algorithms so much. I will not be going out of my way to hear what this fella can do with underground and avant-garde genres...
No comments:
Post a Comment