Thursday, September 12, 2019

Bears & Lions

One Liner:  Rock and roll rap kiddie music
Wikipedia Genre:   children's music
Home: The Woods and the Savannah

Poster Position: 28


Weekend One Only.


Thoughts: Huh, the first track is kind of in the Lonely Island sort of vein - rock guitars, but a guy yelling rap lyrics about getting stacks of cash and pancakes.  It's kinda good.  Like a silly song that Cage the Elephant might have written for their kids to sing on Sunday morning.
Where is the synth player on that stage?  Pretty funny, and super catchy.  I'm going to be singing that song for the next five hours.  Have I ever discussed my weird need to insert cuss words into childrens' songs?  This has been happening to me for years, like, when I hear the Little Einsteins theme or the Phinneas and Ferb theme song, I insert bad words into the song as I hum it to myself in the back of the living room?  Well, this song REALLY lends itself to tossing a few MFs right on into the mix.  I really dig it.  Also, I want to go to that restaurant with those pancakes and the pretty waitresses.

Their bio on their website is all ridiculousness as though they really are animals.  So that isn't helpful.  We'll just say they are from the woods.

That track above is their only one with more than a thousand streams.  But here is the most popular video on YouTube for Bears & Lions.

Just kidding.  But here is one more, in case you want more.  "Airplane."

Pretty entertaining - if I still needed to entertain small kids with tunes that are tailored for them, I'd do it.

No comments: