Sunday, June 23, 2024

ACL 2024: Friday is All Done, Baby!

I don't know why I had never done this before, but I decided to just attack Friday and make my way through that one day this year before handling the other days.  I like it.  Well, that isn't totally true - no Stapleton yet, I wanted to spend more time on him and put his up near the end - but everyone else is done until they start adding and removing people.  I thought I'd make a little post to highlight a few of the best things I have discovered, or repeat the love for something I may have heard before, to help you locate the best stuff.  Let's go!

Excellent things that I already know about:
  • Leon Bridges
  • Norah Jones
  • Catfish and the Bottlemen
  • Katie Pruitt
Surprisingly Enjoyable Things That I Never Knew Before:
  • Stephen Sanchez.  Classic crooner sound.
  • Santigold.  Indie dance that leans into rock.  Completely different from what I expected.
  • Royel Otis.  New wave rock meets indie pop.
  • Eggy.  Jam band.  I'm sorry.
  • Sir Chloe.  Catchy alternative rock.
  • Theo Lawrence.  French dude making classic country.  Yeah.  I know.
  • That Mexican OT.  Pretty fun Houston rap.
Also, for my own curiosity, I counted 11 repeat artists on this day - folks who have played ACL before.  Out of 43 artists on this day.  So, a little more than a quarter of the people playing Friday are retread things.  Which isn't all bad!  I'd see Stapleton every year!  But still, just interesting.






No comments: