Friday, November 7, 2014

Rock and Roll Friday!

I have had a good amount of work and other crappy non-fun activity this week, so I have been remiss in listening to new music and thinking my thoughts about it.  In fact, horror of horrors, I spent about 3 hours on Monday afternoon without any music on at my desk.  When I'm so stressed and/or busy that I don't notice silence, something is very wrong.

Anyway, to make up for that, today we rock.

First, I present to you the band with the worst dang name in all of music-dom.  Maybe you know of a worse band name, if so, please present it to me.  But my friend Chad took me to go see Diarrhea Planet at the Longbranch Saloon two or three years ago during SXSW, and they freaking rocked.  Their new(ish) album is called I'm Rich Beyond Your Wildest Dreams, and it is actually really good.  In a live show, they had about 38 guitarists jammed into the smallest stage on the planet and they just absolutely destroyed people for about 45 minutes.  So, watch this and get psyched for your weekend by washing yourself in the weirdness of anime and rock and roll:


Second, I bring you the badass power of Red Fang singing Wires.  I think my friend Joseph sent me this video a while back, and I have since showed it to my son and we both thoroughly enjoyed the ridiculousness awesomeness of the final few minutes.  Well, he was a little confused why they were breaking things and spilling milk, but trust me, it is an excellent good time. If you need to hurry, go to about 3:50 in the video for the huge metal crush in the music and to see them go HAM on some stuff.  Awesome video, and I really dig the song too.  The album this song came off of is still in pretty heavy rotation for me (Murder the Mountains), it is more heavy rock goodness.


Make it a rock and roll Friday and have a good weekend.

Wait, one more bonus because I think this will also bring you great happiness this Friday.  This show looks like Amy's version of hell and a darn fun time for me:


No comments: