Thursday, December 5, 2019

Spotify Year in Review!

Receiving this makes me realize that I need to be working up my best albums of the year list!  I have no clue what will be on it - so exciting!


For those of you who don't use Spotify, they release a cool annual look-back at the music and styles and whatnot that you have listened to in the prior year.  Of course, they are sending it at the start of December, so they are missing out on 25 more days of my streaming prowess.  Also, this is sometimes annoying because my kids will use my Spotify and screw up the playcounts with their weird pop music.

Let's see what we have to unwrap!

  • 7,881 unique songs played this year.  That actually seems low - after listening to 140+ bands for ACL, I would expect to have done more than 10k.  61,135 minutes listened.
  • Artists from 34 countries (which was almost all from ACL listening).
  • Favorite songs (at least most streamed) in 2019:
    • Lizzo - Juice
    • Reignwold - Black and Red
    • Billie Eilish - bad guy (thanks kids)
    • Denzel Curry - RICKY
    • Vampire Weekend - Harmony Hall
      • (surprised that cleopatrick's "san jake" didn't make the list)
  • I "vibed" with Megan thee Stallion, because I spent more time with her as a new artist than anyone else.
  • Top artist of 2019 was Guns N' Roses, says I listened to them for 16 hours.  Damn!
  • Top genre of 2019 was "pop rap," which makes me feel very sad inside.
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers was my artist of the decade.
    • Other top artists for the decade: Brockhampton, Kendrick Lamar, and Queens of the Stone Age.
    • Top genre for the decade was rock.  Which makes me feel happier.
Let's see if I can crack 70,000 minutes listened next year!

No comments: