Tuesday, May 7, 2024

ACL 2024: The Lineup!

Welp, pretty sure I got every single guess wrong this year!  No Post Malone.  No Pearl Jam.  No Future with Metro Boomin.

BUT, I freaking love Chris Stapleton and Sturgill Simpson.  Khruangbin doesn't belong among the headliners, and probably Leon Bridges too, but both of those are really good artists.  Dua Lipa ain't it, and having her as the top artist on the whole poster makes me question my life, but hopefully that makes the small children happy this year.  I also don't care much for Tyler, but again, maybe that gets the kids hyped.  Blink is whatever - I guess it will be fun to see them play live, but that also feels like one that shouldn't have continued trying to be bratty teenagers once they became 50 year olds.  Never heard of Pretty Lights, which makes me assume they are techno.

Not a ton of instantly recognizable things in the smaller print either.  I remember Norah Jones being lovely 20 years ago.  Foster the People are fine.  I've heard of Caamp.  Vince Staples is cool.  Jeezy exists.  Catfish and the Bottlemen are great.  David Shaw is the lead singer for the Revivalists.  Grand Funk Railroad is a thing I've heard of.  Penny and Sparrow were just here so my writeup will be super simple.  Katie Pruitt is great.  Bob Schneider is apparently still alive.  

LOTS to try out!

No comments: