Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Bonnaroo 2019 Announced!

And its another pretty bad lineup!



I mean, Phish twice?  I'd go see Phish just to check it out, but twice for the same festival on the same weekend?  What is up with that?  Childish Gambino on another major lineup?  I thought Gambino was supposed to hang it up?  I wish he would.  Totally overrated.  Is Walk the Moon really still a thing?

And Post Malone.  I saved a savage review of Post Malone just so that I could use it sooner or later in one of my posts.  Please go read this review from Jeff Weiss of the Washington Post.  A taste test for those who don't want to read the whole thing (although you totally should):  "Him?  The most popular young artist in the most unpopular young nation is a rhinestone cowboy who looks like he crawled out of a primordial swamp of nacho cheese. Post Malone is a Halloween rental, a removable platinum grill, a Cubic Zirconium proposal on the jumbo screen of a last-place team."  Oh, so very delicious.  It tastes so great going into my eyeballs.  Anyway, him being the headliner of Saturday night is a pile of suck.

Once you get below those headliners, this poster actually offers a great secondary lineup - Avett Brothers, Brockhampton, Kacey Musgraves, Cardi B, Brandi Carlisle, John Prine, The Lumineers, Courtney Barnett, Girl Talk, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Parquet Courts, Jim James, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, The Record Company, Ruston Kelly, Trampled By Turtles.  Hell, even The Naitonal, Hozier, and Gucci Mane would get some people excited.  And the Lonely Island might be funny to see, I don't know.

Of note for me, personally, I know all of the bands written in color except for RL Grime.  So at least they aren't trying to pass off totally weird shit as big time bands.

So, not as bad as Coachella, but still some jacked up decisions on here.  I'd much rather do this one than Coach, but the headlining slots on this one are fully and completely blown.

No comments: