Thursday, November 11, 2021

Billy Strings: ACL Live: July 7, 2021

I went to a different show at ACL Live last night and it dawned on me that I had not reviewed this show.  Lot of good it does you now!  But I'll still wholeheartedly recommend going to see these guys if you get the chance.  I got to see them play at ACL a few years back, and it was one of those experiences where your jaw drops open and it's hard to comprehend how musicians can be quite that skilled on their instruments.  Between Chris Thile and these dudes, you'll lose any aspirations you might have had for playing a stringed instrument when you see how bad ass these guys are.  Also, the dude is funny - "Dust in a Baggie" is not only a burner of a bluegrass track, but it's also clever.  Go check them out if you get the chance.

No comments: