Thursday, March 31, 2022

Lollapalooza Lineup - 2022

Oh baby, get those engines revving.  Once the Lolla lineup is out, then we're getting closer to the ACL lineup, baby!  I'll do a post soon about what my guesses are about the things that will overlap between the two posters, but for now, I just wanted to talk some shit.  ;)

First off, Metallica, Green Day, and Jane's Addiction.  That is a freaking amazing shot in the arm of 18 year old Jack.  The Black Album, Dookie, and Ritual de lo Habitual were about 1/5th of my entire listening habit for a period of time, so having those three classic artists on here is freaking amazing.  Love it.

Now, will they continue to be good in 2022?  Green Day hasn't made something vital in 20 years.  Jane's Addiction hasn't even existed for more than a decade.  I dunno, but I'd go along for the ride.

Then, it goes daggy (to use my favorite new word I learned from Amyl and the Sniffers).  Dua Lipa, Dija Cat, Machine Gun Kelly, Lil Baby?  All of that sucks.  I'll admit that a few Dua Lipa songs strike my fancy, but overall to have those be the top line artists is not something that will ever appeal to me.  J. Cole is fine, but not exciting to me at all.  Kygo is electronic, I think, so I wouldn't care about that either.  Yuck.  Luckily, we just got Doja and MGK, so we won't have to suffer through that again.  Is Lil Baby the one who got cancelled last year?  or was that Da Baby?  Whatever, don't want to see either.

For the smaller type:
  • Billy Strings jams.  Glass Animals is bad.
  • Turnstile rules.
  • Big Sean is great.
  • What is Royal Blood doing on the 6th line?  Below Idles?  Huh?
  • Machester Orchestra is excellent.  Would be happy to see them again.
  • Then it gets weird.  I'd see ATLiens just in case they are like Outkast.  Wet Leg is interesting.  Sam Fender should be bigger than he is.  Maxo Kream might be fun.  Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever is fun.  Someone out there has the audacity to call themselves Dylan?  WTF man.
Tons of unknowns.  Never heard of three of the things on the third line!  But, of course, that is part of the glory of the Fest, right?  Learning about cool new stuff is part of the pleasure.  Let's get it.

No comments: