Sunday, June 25, 2023

Becky Hill

One Liner: The lady who sings the dance EDM hooks has her own thing!

Wikipedia Genre: pop, dance, house, UK Funky, electro.  (UK FUNKY!!!)
Home: Bewdley, England

Poster Position: Level 3 (13) 
Weekend One Only.
Sunday.  

Thoughts:  Sort of interesting, in that usually when I am listening to this sort of house music/EDM stuff, the singer is some rando nobody who is totally interchangeable, and what you are listening to is the DJ type person who is making the music.  This flips that, because it is the same generic singer person on each track, but the DJ is what changes.  So, you get David Guetta, MEDUZA, Topic, Galantis, Oliver Heldens, Wilkinson, Lewis Thompson, etc. on her tunes, but it is always her voice that is singing the terrible lyrics about some inane topic.

She rose to fame after the UK version of The Voice, and in 2014 she became the first Voice contestant to reach #1 with her song "Gecko (Overdrive)" atop the UK Singles Chart.  She won Brit Award for Best Dance Act two years running in 22 and 23.  Her Wikipedia says she is a supporter of Walsall F.C., which I assume is a lower tier soccer team.  Yes, their are in the fourth tier, and the team is located in a town called Walsall.  Their nickname is the Saddlers, which is a terrible nickname.  Does nothing to roll off of the tongue.  

Many singles until Get to Know was released in 2019.  That one features her biggest tune, "Lose Control" with Meduza and Goodboys.  831.4 million streams.  Good gravy that is a lot of streams...
I'm sort of making it sound like she's crap, and she isn't at all.  Her voice sounds fine!  It is more just that I don't care for this style of music at all, so I really don't care to sit around and listen to someone say "aaah, I need you love" eighteen times in a row while some generic beat bops along in the background.  I just don't care for it.  That subdivision of unfinished castles is weird.

Then a million more remixes and singles until 2021's Only Honest on the Weekend, which has her second-highest streamer with 327.8 million for the David Guetta tune "Remember."
I know there is a thing about the Brits not fixing their teeth, but that mole - I'm imagining Austin Powers focused on her chin.  At first, I thought they were piercings.  The perfect thing about me talking about those is how perfect my entire body is.  Because she's cashing fat checks and has a fit body, and I'm a schlubby old man, so I have a feeling she'd laugh in my face.  After that, it is all remixes and more singles.  I'mma be honest, her techno ass version of Bryan Adam's cheeseball classic "Heaven" was kind of fun.

Not my thing!  I could imagine it being a high energy show, but I guess it will literally be her and some dancers going crazy on stage while a laptop plays the songs.  Nah.

No comments: