Friday, September 11, 2026

Gabriel Jacoby

One Liner:  More flipping R&B, this one kind of like a rapper doing a hook but for the whole song

Wikipedia Genre:  R&B, soul, funk, dirty south hip hop
Home: LA (via Anderson, South Carolina and Tampa)

Poster Position: Third Quarter - Line 14
Weekend Two Only.
Saturday at 2

SnapChat Stage

Thoughts:   You know when Andre 3000 sings R&B type stuff in the later Outkast music?  This is reminding me of those songs and that vocal tone.  It is pretty generic sounding R&B to me - the background synths and beats just sound pretty plain to my ears, like I heard them before on a Justin Timberlake song or a Lauryn Hill track or some Timbaland b-side.  I will admit, I looked up during "gutta child" to make sure it was still this same guy, because that one got me grooving.

Just one album, 2025's gutta child, and a bunch of singles that started in 2023 prior to that.  The top track is called "the one" with 6.8 million streams.

That skate rink looks fun, but I really do not like the singing on that song.  It feels like there is never an actual song, just the little hook that you would hear between rapped verses in a real rap song.  Also, I need to go try roller skating again.  In my head, I am truly godawful.  But what if I can dance like an angel now?  It isn't the top streamer, but I want to give you the title track to the album anyway.  1.4 million streams.

I like the funk and groove of the background on that one.  I'd like to be that lady, eating takeout noodles and bobbing my head.  But I will not be there for this show - y'all can have fun without me on this one.


No comments: