One Liner: The nostalgia rocks Gods have spoken and present to you - An Oasis in Nirvana!
Poster Position: Third Quarter - Line 16
Weekend One Only.
Sunday at 1:15 pm.
American Express Stage.
Thoughts: I very literally just whispered "ohhhh, there we go" at my computer screen. I saw this band name and figured we would be talking about some other R&B pop singer, and instead, we get straight buzz bin guitar shred like Stone Temple Pilots loaned their riff machine to Oasis. I am so grateful for this gift. That first song is their most streamed - "Placebo" with 579k streams.
A villanelle is a nineteen-line poetic form consisting of five tercets followed by a quatrain. What in the world are we naming that style of poem for? Nineteen line poem? GTFOH. Also, Villanelle was a fictional assassin in BBC America's Killing Eve and in related Luke Jennings novels and a 1893 song by Eva Dell'Acqua. 1893? Damn!
Wait, one of the members is named Gene Gallagher. I swear I came up with the STP+Oasis thing without reading a thing. His dad is actually Liam! I think he kind of sounds the same! And I really like it. How the hell are these guys playing at 1:15pm on Sunday! They should be hours later.
"Hinge" sounds like they are doing a Nirvana tribute band.
That initial bass rumble is like something from Bleach, then those drums come in like "Breed," and then the guitars roar in like any number of classic Nirvana tracks. Sign me the hell up. I am deeply annoyed at their time slot, but maybe this leads me to go to one of the late-night shows after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment