Sunday, December 28, 2014

Spotify Year in Review

I have already explained my love for Spotify here - I wish I had been an even earlier adopter of the streaming world.  They do a really cool presentation that will show you the music you have listened to for the year.  In light of my top ten list of 2014, I was glad to see that I listened to the things I loved quite a bit.



Almost 50,000 minutes listening to Spotify?!  Damn!  And I pause the music whenever I leave my desk, as I don't want to miss out on the tunes (and I fear someone important walking in to my office just as something terrifically offensive comes on).  That is 809 hours of music!  Cool.

Beyond those top 5 songs, my next five were A$AP Ferg's Shabba ("Masta BRUCE!"), Beck's Blue Moon, The Head and the Heart's Shake, Real Estate's Talking Backwards, and Beck's Blackbird Chain.  Sounds about right.

Seasonal Favorites?  Winter = Beck; Spring = First Aid Kit; Summer = Pearl Jam; Fall = Hozier.  That also sounds about right.

Top five albums listened to?  Beck's Morning Phase, Spanish Gold's South of Nowhere, Real Estate's Atlas, Lake Street Dive's Lake Street Dive, and Weezer's Everything Will Be Alright in the End.

Cool tool - if you haven't checked it out yet, do that here and then let me know about your 2014.

1 comment:

Joseph Cathey said...

SON OF A BITCH! I just typed out my whole year in review and it didn't save it when I hit log in as me. Screw this. :-) In only listened to 1/4 of the amount of time. Top artists were U2, Beastie Boys, Pearljam, Kodaline and Spanish Gold. Last two because of you!