Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Spotify 2017 Year in Review

Spotify Year in Review:
I got my Spotify year in review thing the other day, and was MORTIFIED at what my evil children have done to my streaming data.  
  • I listened to 61,321 minutes of music (well, or at least someone associated with my account did before I started paying for a family account so that people would stop high-jacking my stream).  That is just over 1,000 hours of listening, and just about 42.5 straight days.  1,061 different artists in the year.
  • This year's wrap up gives you a quiz.  The five options for my most-listened to artists of the year quiz were Queens of the Stone Age, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, The Black Angels, Run the Jewels, and Arcade Fire.  I got this one right, definitely Run the Jewels.  No shocker there.  Actual top artists were RTJ, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Royal Blood, and A$AP Ferg.  Interesting.
  • BUT THEN MY SON RUINED EVERYTHING.  My song of the year candidates were RTJ's "Hey Kids (Bumaye)," RHCP's "The Getaway," and then THREE FREAKING TWENTY-ONE PILOTS SONGS!!!  Oh, the shame.  The sadness.  The deep and unceasing disappointment.  "My" most listened-to track of 2017 was "Stressed Out" by 21 Pilots.  Brutal.
  • This means that my top genre was also jacked up, Modern Rock, instead of whatever it should have been.  Dammit.
  • Apparently I listen to enough of something called Dwn Trap that Spotify wanted me to know that it is most popular with 24 year olds.  DON'T I KNOW IT.
  • Weird fact, I only skipped 93 songs this year.  That is odd.
Stupid kids.  Now I'm embarrassed to share my 2017 music history online because I couldn't take someone thinking that I love Twenty One Pilots that much.  NOW BACK TO LISTENING TO MORE CLASSIC LIMP BIZKIT!!  WHEN MUSIC WAS REAL!!!

2 comments:

Joseph Cathey said...

21 pilots are on my mount rushmore of worst bands ever. Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket they are the worst.

Joseph Cathey said...

34,188 minutes of listening (though unlike you, often mine is just background music while I'm working...not actively listening and commenting. You amaze me.)

Top Artist: U2
Top Song: Norf Norf (before I would go out running I'd play this...funny it's my #1 listened to song)