Wednesday, July 20, 2016

NAO

One Liner: Female version of Gallant; electro alternative R&B

Poster Position: 17

Thoughts:  Well, this gal gets the unfortunate circumstance of me just having listened to Gallant for a morning, and now I feel like I'm just listening to the exact same thing.  Her most popular track is called "Bad Blood," and while I have no data to support this, I wonder how many millions of track streams she has from people trying to find Taylor Swift and then just gave this track a shot when they could find the TayTay song of the same name.  No way to know, but I believe in my theory.  Here you go for a taste test.  "Bad Blood," with 7.6 million streams.
Uh, that girl is straight up naked as a jaybird.  Not safe for work, and watch out if seeing people grow trees from their orifices will also disturb you.  I'll say this, like Gallant, her voice is kick ass.  If you are in to the slow jam R&B electro action, then this should be your thing. Play it with your lady friends and you have a nine percent chance of action.  Guaranteed.

No real albums available, just two EPs and some singles over time.  The tunes all have that same flavor - like a SWV for the electronic age.  Except with only one singer.  And no Free Willy tie in song (that I know of).  Her second-most popular track is her most recent single, called "Girlfriend," which has 813k streams right now.
Yep.  Like I said, strong voice, boring music.  If only this lady could sing over the Cold War Kids music, I'd have a power band for the future of rock and roll.  I don't plan on seeing this one live.

No comments: