Thursday, May 7, 2015

Disclosure

EDM/House music by two English brothers.  Somehow a top 5 artist for this festival.  I forget how I originally came across these dudes, but I remember it being something that pimped the video for "When a Fire Starts to Burn."  Which is a funny video:
Preach, brother!  I dig this tune - its not the new breed of EDM, with the ever present buildup and generic bass drop, this is old school sounding dance house music that jams.  The rest of the album (2013's Settle) is similarly good, including their tune with the then-unknown, now-Grammy-hoarder Sam Smith, Latch:
Great tune that has grown on me over time - Smith's voice is freaking money on there.  No new album out, and Metacritic just lists them as having a TBA album out TBA (er, thanks for the info?), so maybe they'll just stick with that original 2013 album.  One additional single has come out since then (2014's The Mechanism) which is ah-ight, but not nearly as good as those up above.

Of any of the electronic groups/artists coming this year, this is the one I'd be most likely to go try. Hopefully they'll be scheduled against The Weeknd.

No comments: