Wednesday, April 22, 2020

ACL 2020: Will There Be An Announcement?

Time works in weird ways when every day is spent in your home.  We do different things, it's not like every day is actually the same, but still, the distinct days melt away in my mind to the point where I can't remember if things were yesterday or last week or in March.  Which is all very disconcerting.

But, I had a thought this morning while walking the dog, that it is almost time for the ACL lineup announcement.  I've done a terrible job of my predictions this year - not sure that I see a point trying to research the potential patterns on Pearl Jam's concert calendar when there is no more concert calendar.  For anyone.  Everything is just gone.  Which really sucks - I love studying the things and working through what might be.  Speaking of which, I have heard several Replacements songs on the radio recently, which seems weird, and would normally make me go research whether or not they are going to get together and play a reunion show for ACL, but what will I find?  A bunch of old articles talking about a reunion that could potentially happen (in 2017) or why they broke up in the first place but zero, at all, about today or a current touring plan.  Ugh.

Anyway, that thought led me to go back and look at last year's timeline - last year's leaks of artists, through those annoying Magic Eye puzzles, began on April 25.  And then the full lineup announcement came on April 30.  Next week.  Ugh.

I'd honestly love for them to go ahead and release the lineup - even if it would likely just be a tease of something that isn't going to happen, but I'd still enjoy finding new bands and dreaming of what may be able to happen in October.  I mean, maybe, right?  There is so much we don't know about the virus, and people are working hard on vaccines, so a guy can dream!

For now, I give you the newest Run the Jewels single:

No comments: