Monday, April 6, 2020

Damn Everything

Finally got a notice today that the Rolling Stones show at the Austin 360 Amp. is officially postponed.  Those dudes are gonna freaking die by the time this dumb virus leaves us alone.  I'll never get to sing along to "Tumblin' Dice" in person.  Dammit. 

Also got notice that The Jayhawks show is postponed, and obviously previously got notice that Sturgill Simpson was pushed (twice).  I think The Beths is the only show that I haven't gotten notice of being pushed, but I'm sure that is on the way.  Sadness.

I very much appreciate the bands who are trying to do online shows or whatever, to keep people's spirits up, but its just not anywhere near the same.  Watching some video footage of a show in Chris Robinson's garage is some bull honkey.

Meanwhile, I'm healthy and the rest of my family is as well, so I can live with the disappointment of no live music, but I'm just sad about all of the fun things slipping off of my calendar.

I'm going to try to write something about ACL this week - not sure if there is any point right now, but I'm gonna give it a shot anyway.  Thanks for coming around and checking out the blog right now, sorry I've been a slacker. 

No comments: