Monday, November 27, 2023

Flying Mojito Bros

One Liner: Country funk disco house DJ stuff

Wikipedia Genre: House/Disco
Home: London (I think?)

All Weekend!

Thoughts:  Like the name for sure, a nod at the Flying Burrito Brothers, but the music leaves something to be desired for me.  If there are country angles here, they are lost on me.  This sounds more like something you'd hear in an Abercrombie store or something.  Laid-back house music.

According to their website, this is "Two country-disco mescaleros pioneering the great electronic wilderness.  With their boots firmly planted in dusty seventies sunsets, their pan-USA productions take cosmic country funk to modern dancefloors via NYC disco and baggy acid house."  I have no clue what to say with that.  I don't like it at all.  The weird thing is that Spotify says this is James Alexander Bright, but never once mentions cowboy or country stuff.  Confusing.  And then I find a website saying this is producer and musician Ben Chetwood and DJ and crate digger Jack Sellen?  I DON'T KNOW!?!?!

The music is fine.  Kinda fun.  Super not my scene though.  Top track is "No No (Flying Mojito Bros Refrito)" with 86k streams.
Yeah, you know.  Groovy and funky and laid back.  Also, super repetitive and generic-seeming.  I doubt I'll be finding the Country Curious DJ station anyway, as I'd rather see one of the country bands or singers instead.

No comments: