Tuesday, May 9, 2023

ACL Festival 2023: THE LINEUP!

Man, I know I usually drink the kool-aid and talk up the lineup even when the rest of the world is giving it side-eye, but this lineup is fire.  Even my 15 year old daughter thinks so, as well as my 56 year old friend who texted me this morning.  Usually, I'll get a mixed bag, with some bitter folks complaining about how their style of music isn't represented.  But this year, it feels like everyone is happy.

You want rock?  Foo Fighters, Alanis, Hozier, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Revivalists, Portugal the Man, etc.
You want rap?  Kendrick, Lil Yachty, Labrinth, Lil Simz, Coi Leray (and probably others I don't know yet)
You want country and folk stuff?  Mumford, Lumineers, Shania, Noah Kahan, Tanya Tucker, etc.
Odesza and M83 for EDM-heads.  Pop folks get 1975, Kali Uchis, Maggie Rogers, Tove Lo.  Jimmie Vaugan is on here!  The Breeders!  The Walkmen!  Die Spitz!  All sort of good stuff!

I'm a little bummed that boygenius didn't make it on here, as well as the R.E.M. reunion I am always clamoring for.  But this poster feels really strong.  AND, if you count up the bands on here (131, by my count) I sincerely doubt this is the end of the announcement.  Let's get R.E.M. back together, baby!

No comments: