Friday, September 10, 2021

Lunay

One Liner: Reggaeton guy
Wikipedia Genre: reggaeton and urbano
Home: Puerto Rico

Poster Position: Late Addition
Both Weekends.
Weekend One Saturday at 4:20 on the Tito's Stage.
Weekend Two Sunday at 4:30 on the Tito's Stage.

Thoughts:  Spanish language singer guy.  Real name is Jefnier Osorio Moreno.  That first name is cool.  Maybe it sounds like Hefner, which means this guy is a playboy pimp.  This music is apparently reggaeton.  I wouldn't know reggaeton if it bit me.  The bigger issue is that I understand nothing of what is being said.

Wikipedia says that he originally released music as Jefnier, before changing it up with Lunay.  And while this seems a simple thing, the fact that it is one of the limited facts on his Wikipedia page must mean it is a bigger deal than I am thinking: "On his musical style, Lunay has commented that his songs do not encourage violence or denigrate women. In an interview he gave to the top 40, he said: "Not necessarily, even if I am in this world of urban music, [do] I have to be fostering violence, which is against God's purpose. I just do what I like and I know the relationship I have with Him.""  Good job Heff!  

Meanwhile, one of his tracks has freaking 659 million streams.  So other people who dig this style of music apparently really dig his stuff.  "Soltera - Remix."
Ah yes, well when you add Daddy Yankee and Bad Bunny to the track, and I've actually heard of those dudes, I guess you end up with big streaming numbers.  I guess that song sounds fine?  I dunno.  Here's his second-most streamed, without those other famous dudes.  But with two other collaborators again - Anuel AA and Ozuna.  This is "Aventura" with 233 million streams.
I may not understand what the man is singing about, but I can definitely tell you that he's a handsome mofo.

Hopefully he has a wonderful crowd of folks.  I won't be among it.


No comments: