Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Shiela

One Liner: English/Spanish bedroom R&B from a local

Wikipedia Genre: None, bedroom R&B
Home: Austin!

Poster Position: 20
Day: Sunday at 2:15 on the Tito's stage
Weekend Two Only.

Thoughts:  One of the few thirty minute shows at the Fest, for some reason.  Actually, I just looked and she is the single thirty minute set on the whole schedule.  I wonder why?  Also, having just the name Shiela is annoying.  Not as annoying as the guy who goes by Q, but annoying nonetheless.

Partly in Spanish, mostly in English.  "Happy Pockets" sounds like when she shifts to Spanish she is very angry at me.  Very few streams for her - most songs don't crack the 5k stream level.  Her top one is "What You Know," with 60k streams.  A single from 2019 that didn't make it on to her one album.  But, there is no video for it, so you'll just have to believe me when I say it is kind of dreamy bedroom R&B stuff.

Her Spotify bio's first sentence says she is playing ACL, so I think she is excited.  She's from Austin, but learned to play music during visits to Nicaragua to see family.  he bio also says she craves crossover success.  Which is a weird thing to write in your own bio?

I found a YouTube video for Sheila the Band, but that is not this person.  Oh, here's one.  This is off of her new album.  "Eastside."  3,231 streams.
I thought that was a fat cigar in her fingers when I saw the cover on spotify, but I like that it's actually a chile pepper.  That song is fine - as I've said a million times this year, R&B ain't my thing.  Why so much R&B on the poster this year?


No comments: