Tuesday, October 6, 2015

ACL 2015: Recap

Hell of a good weekend.  On Monday morning, I was sore and tired, with about 1/3 capacity for my voice.  My calves and neck got sunburned all to hell.  And I probably gained 10 pounds.  But it was a fantastic time.

It is hard to sit down and write this.  Honestly, I'm sad that the weekend is over.  I've been anticipating some of those bands for so dang long that its a major bummer to have their sets dead and gone.  For some, I can still see them playing right now, or hear the crowd yelling along with me. Others, I know I saw them, but nothing stuck in my brain at all.

Before I get to the good stuff, I just want to note that the weather was absolutely gorgeous. After all the years of mud-fest, dust-bowl, and temperatures bordering on 100, having high temps of 88 or 87 each day was wonderful.  Not to say it isn't hot in the direct sun anyway, but it really felt fantastic. Oh, and sorry to those of you going out second weekend, but the grass is trashed.

Daily recaps on music and food coming soon.

No comments: