Thursday, January 21, 2016

Bonnaroo 2016 Lineup Announced

I've had a dream about doing Bonnaroo for a while. I have a friend who went recently and got one of the fancy pants campers to stay in while on the grounds, and it sounded pretty perfect.  The full-on camping thing, not so sure about that.  I'm old, man, and jamming out all day and then sleeping on the ground might just kill me off.

But anyway, Bonnaroo fired out their lineup announcement and the top of the bill is pretty tight. Pearl Jam!  I'd go see them right now again!  Dead & Company, LCD Soundsystem, J. Cole, Ellie Goulding, Macklemore, Tame Impala, Death Cab for Cutie, M83, Haim, and Halsey round out the top three rows of the poster.  They've also got Chvrches, Chris Stapleton, Leon Bridges, Big Grams, Band of Horses, Father John Misty, Nathaniel Rateliff, Lord Huron.  And Third Eye Blind!  Who knew they still existed!

I'm not a monster Deadhead guy, but I have to say that I was a little bummed when hearing all about the final farewell concerts in Chicago this summer.  I dig me some Dead, so having them show up in Austin would be freaking excellent fun.

1 comment:

Joseph Cathey said...

STEP BACK FROM THAT LEDGE MY FRIIIEEEEENNNNNDDDD!!!