Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Coachella 2016 Lineup Announced

The 2016 Coachella line-up has been announced, and it has one big, fat doozie of a name for me. GUNS N' ROSES!!!  Hells yes.  While I doubt we will find a ton of parallels between ACL and Coachella, it is always fun to see what the other big festivals get for their big names.

The Big Three: 

  • LCD Soundsystem.  I thought they broke up?  Guess a short hiatus was all they needed.  I was never was nearly as into them as the rest of the world seemed to be.  Wouldn't be that excited to see them at ACL.
  • Guns n' Roses.  Man, I'd LOVE to go see them if they would put on a real deal show and not have a bunch of dumb dramatics or no-shows.  I hope the whole line-up shows.
  • Calvin Harris.  Yawn-o-rama-thon.  Could care less.  I fear that this means he is about to put out another generic but gigantic hit song that is going to permeate all consciousness this spring and summer.  Please, no.
The Second Lines:
  • Ellie Goulding, Sufjan Stevens, Jack U, M83, Underworld, the Kills, Foals.  Meh.  I've liked some of that, but wouldn't go out of my way to see it.
  • Ice Cube, Disclosure, Zedd, A$AP Rocky, Chvrches, Halsey, James Bay.  Hell yes.  Cube, Disclosure, Rocky, and Chvrches would be the bomb.  Also, the next line for Saturday includes Courtney Barnett, Run the Jewels, the Arcs, and Gary Clark Jr.  I'd line up to see any of those artists right now if they came to Austin for a show.  
  • Sia, Major Lazer, Flume, Beach House, the 1975, Rancid, Miike Snow.  I've heard of some of those, and heard some of those, but nothing in that line up bands would make me pony up for a ticket.  Although, further down on Sunday are Chris Stapleton, Wolf Alice, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, and Pete Yorn, and I would go out of my way to see those folks.
From a skim of the Coachella website, I don't see any availability for single day passes, because otherwise, I'd seriously consider trying to sweet talk my way into going out for the Saturday show. GNR!!!  ICE CUBE!!!  In California!!!  But I doubt it would actually happen.  I'll just have to cross my fingers that Slash and Axl make nice for long enough to do more shows.

1 comment:

Joseph Cathey said...

Oh GOD PLEASE COME TO ACL GUNS N ROSES! WE WANT SLASH AND EVERYONE! YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU COUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULD BEEEEEEEEEEEEE MIIIIIIIYIIIIINEEEEEEE!!!!!!