Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Claire Rosinkranz

One Liner: More bedroom pop with a big TikTok tune.

Wikipedia Genre: Her Wikipedia doesn't list a genre, but I'd call this bedroom pop or bedroom indie.
Home: California

Poster Position: 19

Weekend One Only - Sunday.

Thoughts:  Another TikTok star, as Wikipedia says that she came to "wide recognition" when a song went viral on TikTok.  She's then released two EPs since then.  But, at least her story is a little different.  She had no idea that she had gone viral, which seems much nicer than the folks who are doing it in a deeply calculated way and trying to go viral every step of the way.  Her friends texted her that she was blowing up and when she checked it out she had over 300k videos using her song, and then had to let everyone know it was hers.  Now she's over 1.6 million.

Kind of generic bedroom pop with guitar, although most of these songs are catchy fun.  The big tune is "Backyard Boy," with 193.2 million streams.
Oh, wait.  Is she like 8 years old?  Her Wikipedia didn't list an age, but now that I see this video, she looks like she's in Middle School.  And that whole entire video feels like she's aiming for further TikTok dances to be attempted.  It's a cute little tune - nothing much to it - but catchy and cute.  

Her most recent tune I like just because it reminds me of a funny story.  Many years ago, one of my co-workers sent an e-mail to several of us at work that said it was too pretty [outside] to work today.  I misread it as her telling us that she was too pretty to do any work today, which has been a consistent inside joke for us ever since.  Good times.  So this girl put out her newest single called "i'm too pretty for this," and it reminds me of the same.
Seems like she shouldn't cuss when she's still in middle school.  But, I'll give her credit for another catchy little ditty.  As a dad, I really don't like her riding in that pickup bed with her back against the tailgate.  That sucker could pop open at any time and spill her out onto the highway.  I could see that tune being fun to rock out to at the Fest in a few months.  More than likely I would not go see this, but I would suggest it to my kid who will be there for weekend!

No comments: