Last weekend's mud will hopefully be a hard crust by now, and the weather looks to be fantastic. if you are going this weekend, I hope it is amazing!
I have tried to reduce some of the bloat in these schedule posts so that you can just get the goods. As usual, you can click the name link for each artist below to see my full post on them and find out more about each artist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYOW5uoyKl0 (still can't freaking get YouTube to be my friend)
Here we go:
| Tito's (12:45) | Almost Heaven: Another LCD Soundsystem-ish thing, but I like it |
| T-Mobile (1:00) | Happy Landing: Another indie folk band clapping and stomping their way into catchy tunes |
| AmEx (1:15) | Bridgette Calls Me Baby: 'member The Smiths? I 'member... |
Depends on your mood for me - if I wanted to ease into the day, then Happy Landing. If I wanted to kick it off with a boogie, then Almost Heaven. And even though Almost Heaven might make you start singing John Denver, do not expect that vibe.
| Miller Lite (1:45) | Radio Free Alice: Slight 80's influenced garage rock groove |
| BMI (1:45) | Leon Knight: Dave Chapelle copying Prince and Rick James at the same time |
| Beatbox (2:00) | S.G. Goodman: Americana leaning into lite rock and roll with great lyrics |
| Tito's (2:00) | Cassandra Coleman: Only a couple of songs, but promising folky indie rock with a great voice |
| Snapchat (2:00) | Dallas Wax: Pretty straight-forward, classic, guitar-forward rock and roll |
Great hour where you really won't go wrong in my opinion. I'd probably choose SG Goodman because I think she is genuinely talented, but I really liked all five of these artists. I wish they could have spread them out throughout Saturday so that there was actually something good to see tomorrow.
| T-Mobile (2:30) | Bella Kay: Confessional bedroom indie pop with good lyrics and a vocal style I dislike |
| AmEx (2:45) | Faouzia: Heavy vibrato pop |
I guess go get another drink and a snack? Very literally would not go to either of these.
| Miller Lite (3:30) | Sienna Spiro: Another London girl power-belting pop-soul |
| BMI (3:30) | Girlfriend: R&B action and a very difficult to Google moniker |
| Beatbox (3:30) | World Famous Pets: New musical project featuring Edie Brickell and top-shelf session players |
| Tito's (3:15) | Bo Staloch: Local kid doing some low key indie/folk that keeps bringing the Lumineers to my mind |
| Snapchat (3:30) | LP: A billion stream track hiding here among the whistling and warbling |
I watched three songs of World Famous Pets in Kentucky the other day - not great. It wasn't bad or anything, but also not something I expect is about to take the world by storm. I guess I'd go see Staloch and root for the local kid.
| T-Mobile (4:15) | Jesse Welles: Modern protest music for the current moment |
| Tito's (4:30) | Natasha Bedingfield: "Unwritten" from that Glen Powell/Sydney Sweeney movie and other pop |
| AmEx (4:30) | Amyl and the Sniffers: Unmuzzled, brute-force punk and roll riffage (in a great way) |
AMYL!!! I think Jesse would be interesting and his lyrics are on point, but the opportunity to go bash my way through an Amyl set is too powerful.
| Miller Lite (5:15) | Paris Paloma: A feminist anthem and some Florence and the Machine sounds |
| BMI (5:15) | Joe Jordan: Low key, DIY-feeling country and toothpicks |
| Beatbox (5:30) | Rusowsky: Latin Trap seems like genre to avoid |
| Snapchat (5:30) | BUNT.: EVEN MORE regular ass EDM |
I think I'd choose Paris here, but none of these felt like must see items.
| T-Mobile (6:15) | Turnstile: One of my favorite recent bands - a little hardcore, a lot awesome |
| Beatbox (6:30) | Steve Aoki: Techno remix king |
| AmEx (6:30) | Labrinth: Squawky, glitchy R&B with infrequent forays into rap-ish squawks. Squawk. |
I heard great things about both Aoki and Turnstile last weekend, but for me, it is still Turnstile all day and twice on Fridays. If you really want to groove to Aoki and maybe get hit with the cake, maybe you skip the 5:15 hour and go sneak up close in the Tent.
| Miller Lite (7:15) | Leon Thomas: Former child actor turned R&B crooner |
| Beatbox (7:30) | Live: Holy crap, this is really that band, the Live from the mid-90's that was one of my favorites. |
| Snapchat (7:30) | The Chainsmokers: EDM, just like you've heard so many times before. |
My daughter's favorite show of last weekend was the Chainsmokers, so take that for what you will. I saw Live two weeks ago at Bourbon and Beyond and they still sound exactly the same. I generally liked it, even if "The Dolphins Cry" is a dumb song.
| Tito's (8:00) | Silent Disco |
| T-Mobile (8:15) | Kings of Leon: Excellent rock and roll still lives |
| AmEx (8:40) | Charli xcx: Forgettable pop at the top of the pile |
KOL for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment