I've given up on trying to upload YouTube videos. Why does the Internet keep getting worse... WHATEVER. Today is the day to go jam out in real life and have some fun!
I have tried to reduce some of the bloat in these schedule posts so that you can just get the goods. As usual, you can click the name link for each artist below to see my full post on them and find out more about each artist.
Here we go:
| BMI (12:45) | Macy Todd: Country-tinged folky pop for the heat of the day |
| Tito's (12:45) | Montclair: Maybe a local band made up of siblings grooving low key rock |
| T-Mobile (1:00) | Night Tapes: Whispery and Falsetto dream pop that is making me insane |
| AmEx (1:15) | Annie DiRusso: The sweet swagger of catchy rock and roll |
I'd try out Annie DiRusso if I was there that early.
| Miller Lite (1:45) | Temper City: One generic indie pop song, and yet on the 12th line. |
| BMI (1:45) | Damaris Bojor: Spanish language, and at least to my ear, pretty traditional |
| Beatbox (2:00) | Lluvii: Latin art rock with a little funk to it |
| Tito's (2:00) | Nat Myers: Spot-on old school blues |
| Snapchat (2:00) | Gabriel Jacoby: More flipping R&B, this one kind of like a rapper doing a hook but for the whole song |
I guess I'd go see Nat Myers, but I also might just stay at the Tavern to watch the Red River Shootout.
| T-Mobile (2:30) | Balu Brigada: Kiwi rockers with a little pop swagger |
| AmEx (2:45) | Finn Wolfhard: Another Stranger Things alum coming to the Fest |
Balu is fun, I'd go check them out. Wolfhard got panned by the Chronicle, sounds like he is not ready for the musical primetime.
| Miller Lite (3:15) | Łaszewo: Regular ass EDM with lots of covers/remixes |
| BMI (3:30) | Common People: Cage the Elephant guitarist's pet project sounds like Cage |
| Beatbox (3:30) | Arcy Drive: Attic Rock is just another name for garage rock |
| Tito's (3:15) | Don West: Throwback soul from another Aussie |
| Snapchat (3:30) | Skye Newman: Brit R&B Belter following the Winehouse model |
Arcy or Common, and I think I would lean towards Arcy. Funny, now that I think of it, I didn't watch a single thing at BeatBox or Snapchat last Sunday.
| T-Mobile (4:15) | Suki Waterhouse: Model and actress who went from forgettable bedroom pop to kinda funky indie pop |
| Tito's (4:30) | Rodrigo y Gabriela: Kings of the flamenco guitar do excellent instrumentals and covers |
| AmEx (4:30) | Young Miko: Puerto Rican reggaeton lady with lots of famous collabs |
Take me to the Tito's tent and the talent.
| Miller Lite (5:15) | Snow Strippers: More regular ass EDM |
| BMI (5:15) | Chloe Qisha: Pop that actually got me pulled in |
| Beatbox (5:30) | Ryan Beatty: A BROCKHAMPTON collaborator making truly pretty indie folk and pop |
| Snapchat (5:30) | It's Murph: Just in case you wanted more generic EDM, you are in luck! |
Yikes. I would likely go to the food court right about now. But if I needed to choose, maybe try one of the EDM things and see what it is like?
| T-Mobile (6:15) | Bleachers: Pop mastermind churning out eighties inspired pop bangers and some filler |
| Beatbox (6:30) | YØU$UK€ YUK1MAT$U: As far as I can tell, just a mixtape of other people's tunes |
| AmEx (6:30) | Lola Young: Strong voiced Brit singing hard-edged and confessional pop |
That is a harder choice than most other things on this day. My mind says that I would enjoy Bleachers the most, but my heart says that Lola Young is actually pretty great and maybe I should do something outside of my comfort zone.
| Miller Lite (7:15) | Levity: More dubstep EDM smush |
| Beatbox (7:30) | fakemink: Very bad rap over EDM-ish beats |
| Snapchat (7:30) | Lykke Li: An under-the-radar-feeling pop artist with some downbeat tunes |
I guess Levity? I do not really want to see any of these.
| Tito's (8:00) | Silent Disco |
| T-Mobile (8:15) | Lorde: "Royals" and all downhill from there... |
| AmEx (8:30) | RÜFÜS DU SOL: Good dance house tunes from Sydney |
Again, I guess Rufus? I heard good things about their show last weekend, and I already know that I do not care for Lorde.
No comments:
Post a Comment