Wednesday, March 22, 2017

FYF Lineup 2017

Another festival that has been coming up with pretty solid lineups is the FYF Fest in LA.  Last year they had Kendrick Lamar, LCD Soundsystem, and Tame Impala among others, the year before they had Morrissey, D'Angelo, and Frank Ocean.  This year, I think they did even better.

Lineup.

Top Line Stuff:

  • Bjork.  Oh man.  How much do I want to finally get to see Bjork in person.  My college friends know of my unhealthy passion for her first two albums.  This would be cool.
  • Missy Elliott?  Is there a better female rapper on the planet?  I don't think so.  You can talk all of your Nicki Minaj noise or tell me how up and comers like Young Ma and Lizzo are doing it right, but screw your noise.  Missy is the Queen.
  • Frank Ocean.  Meh.  I guess I'd go watch, but this wouldn't be my night to rock out.
  • Nine Inch Nails.  So long as they stuck to the classic music, then cool.  If they are just going to play the Social Network type noise garbage that has no danceable angle, then no thanks.
Next Few Lines:
  • Tribe Called Quest. Hells to the Yes.  All day.
  • Erykah Badu.  Eehhh, not really for me.  Unless she would just play the one about calling Tyrone the whole time.
  • Iggy Pop.  Liked his last album, would give this a shot.
  • Solange.  Nah.
  • RUN THE JEWELS! ANDERSON.PAAK!  I'd love to see both of those dudes right now.
Small Type:  Here is where the lineup absolutely drops into a hole.  I love Temples and would be psyched to see them again.  But I barely even know anyone below like the 3rd line.  That being said, there is a band named Horse Meat Disco, so I think we can all agree that all is right with the world.

Overall, not the greatest lineup ever or anything, but if I lived in the LA area I'd go for sure.

No comments: