Saturday, June 15, 2019

Savannah Conley

One Liner: Americana Jewel
Wikipedia Genre: Folk, rock, pop
Home: Nashville

Poster Position: 24


Weekend Two Only.


Thoughts:  I know it likely shows my age and is an insult to call her Jewel, but the wavery, whispery quality of her voice on the top single automatically brings Jewel to my mind.  "Never Be Ourselves" is that single, and it has 1.3 million streams.
Shuffling little start, followed by that whispering voice with a touch of twang.  It is a pretty song.  She won the John Lennon singer-songwriter award in 2016.  Her voice is strong when she wants it to be, but she keeps it down in that purposefully weak register at times.  I like when the guitar kicks in and she starts just hollering. 

She only has three songs available on Spotify, so I don't have a lot to go on otherwise.  But she sounds pretty good.  Maybe she'll release a full-length this summer and we can see what other notes she has in her quiver.

No comments: