Wednesday, October 4, 2017

ROMES

One Liner: Dance pop indie
Wikipedia Genre: Soul-pop, Alternative pop.  
Spotify Says Similar To: Secret Weapons and courtship
Home: Toronto

Poster Position: none, new addition.

Slot: Friday at 1:15 pm

Thoughts:  I'm already annoyed that they replaced Sigrid, because I really liked her sound and thought she could be a fun breakthrough artists from this year's festival.  Instead, I've been trying out these guys' pile of singles available on Spotify and am coming away unimpressed.  Their Wikipedia page says they are half Irish and half Canadian, and met in Ireland while in school.  The tunes are kind of danceable synthy-pop indie stuff, and it just is not doing much of anything for me.  Their top track has 1.3 million streams, and is called "Believe."
That tune was all the way from back in 2016, so here is their most recent single from 2017, called "Can't Get Enough," with just over 100k streams on Spotify.
I don't know, something about this band is just rubbing me wrong all day.  Seems like they are trying to hard or something.  I will not forsake Band of Heathens to go see this.

No comments: