Friday, September 13, 2019

ACL 2019: THE DISHES ARE DONE, MAN!

I have completed the poster.  The party is over.  All of the new music now flows in my veins like a vampire drunk on the blood of virgins.  And yes, of all of this new music, my brain is still humming the Bears & Lions song about pancakes.  Dammit.


Looks like three bands/performers have dropped out, even though I reviewed them, which is freaking rude, quite frankly.  So long to Kyd the Band, Karol Conka (who was actually kinda awesome), and Ximena Sarinana (nana, nanana, not gonna work here anymore...).  137 reviews.  So many hours of good times.

I still have some things to get to, like food, beer, transportation, and other non-music items, but the tunes are done.  I have a ton of new music I've been wanting to hear, like the new Tool, or Chance the Rapper, or Taylor Swift, or Brockhampton, or Black Keys, Springsteen, Madonna, Vampire Weekend!  So much good stuff waiting for me!

And the biggest job left, is to put together the schedule with my recommendations.  That thing is a beast.  But, as your friendly, neighborhood music weirdo, I'm committed to getting it all done.  Back soon with more.

No comments: