Thursday, September 12, 2019

Resonate

One Liner:  Percussion Troupe
Wikipedia Genre:   No Wikipedia, percussion troupe
Home: Austin

Poster Position: 29


Weekend Two Only.


Thoughts: Another down here on the very bottom of the poster, so I figured he must be a Christian Rapper or something, once the first song starts, and then I hear him rapping about beating off, but then going for some cunnilingus instead and I realize that this is very much not a Christian rap thing.

The beat is solid though - I like the laid back groove of it.  Only 1,269 total streams, and no other track even has that many, so we're not talking about someone with a big following here.  

Oh, wait.  Dammit.  I just spent like two hours listening to this guy, and he's actually pretty good.  But that isn't the right thing at all - after struggling to find him on the web to find out more about him, I find out that the thing coming to ACL is a "high energy, interactive percussion troupe based out of Austin, TX."  I guess this is them?
Just a little drumline version of Marilyn Manson.  You know.  I would not go watch this show, even if I had small children or bongos.

No comments: