Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Spotify's Year in Review fail

Man, I'm kind of bummed right now about this, but Spotify apparently decided against doing their cool Year in Review thing where they show all of the top artists and genres and songs and all of that for the year, replacing it just with a simple top songs of 2016 playlist.

So, in the past, I was able to review the albums I listened to the most, or the band that I listened to most in a certain season of the year.  Here is 2014's post about it.  This post from Spotify makes it sound like they stopped the service in order to help me, or something.  JENKY!

Well, despite that uncool maneuver, it is at least fun to see the top songs I jammed this year (surprisingly little rap in this list, making me think that it might not be a true most-listened to list), and I'm happy to note that the Paerish track "Undone" tops my list.
That song whips ass.  Top ten also includes Catfish and the Bottlemen, Radiohead's Burn the Witch, two Sunflower Bean songs, Sturgill Simpson, Chili Peppers, and Nothing But Thieves.  This all sounds realistic.  BUT I have trouble believing this is a straight most-played-in-order playlist because Lizzo's "Good as Hell" is like 80 songs down, and I've listened to that song at least 76,000 times.

No comments: