Saturday, June 6, 2015

Talk in Tongues

Psych rockers from L.A.  Love it.  They only have one album, 2015's Alone With a Friend, but it is really well done rock and roll with loads of distortion and chill vibes.  They formed just recently, popped out a single, and then got to work on this new album.  Their website does a good job of detailing their backstory - I'll let you go there if you are interested.  They believe in themselves - and definitely think that they should play huge festivals (at midnight no less).

Their sound is awesome, a little more accessible Tame Impala, so I figured they would have blown up when I looked at their playcounts.  Nope.  Their most popular track, "Still Don't Seem to Care" has only 12k spins on Spotify.  The official video on YouTube rocks out with 1,677 plays.  So, surprisingly, little action so far on them.  I think that ought to change.  Here is "Still Don't Seem to Care"
Tasty, right?  I think my fav off the album is the second song, called "While Everyone Was Waiting," which adds a funky bass line to the spacey rock.
Really good sounds.  The ACL shows will be shut down before midnight, so I don't know how they are going to feel about their time slot here, but I figure I'll go check them out.

No comments: