Monday, June 1, 2015

Con Brio

Three different artists appear when you search for this on Spotify, so I was a little worried about what was going on, but thankfully the ACL website now shows a picture to help guide me.  This is not the band/choir with three albums of  religious music in Dutch (Swedish? Viking?).  Nor is it the (actually kind of amazing) instrumental Spanish guitar group.  This is, instead, a soul band from San Francisco with one EP in their catalog. Only one of their songs cracks 4,000, and it is called "Never Be the Same." YouTube won't give me a studio version, so here is a live clip of the tune.
Some serious falsetto soul love-makin' music.  The crowd shots in that video make me sad - about 20 people trying real hard to look like they are totally caught up in the soul groove. And I'm pretty sure they spliced one crowd scene into there more than once.  But I like the track well enough.  They definitely look like they are having fun retro-ing out and jamming together.  "Kiss the Sun" sounds like the new funk disco version of Daft Punk.

On the other hand, their least popular song on Spotify (but the only other one with a video I could find to link you to) is called "A Sex Supreme" and is just as slinky and low as it could be.
Aw yeah, baby.  Kind of fun music, but nothing so spectacular that I feel like I need to see it live.  

No comments: