Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Kali Uchs

Saw something on YouTube calling her the "West Coast Amy Winehouse," and I suppose that fits better than anything I could come up with.  Not terribly interesting with the three songs she has available on Spotify.  Most popular out of those is "Lottery," with barely over 900k listens.
I get it that there is some throwback going on here, but its a pretty watered-down musical thing compared to the bad-assery of Back to Black.  Her second most listened-to track on Spotify is "Know What I Want," with about 430k spins.
A little reggae/Caribbean flavor on that bass line.  Kind of whatevs about the whole package.  She may be fantastic, but I doubt I'd even listen to a whole album of this stuff, much less go see her play.

1 comment:

Joseph Cathey said...

She sounds like a type of sushi I haven't tried yet