Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Luis Coronel

I mean, I feel like a jerk even trying to review this music.  Uh, traditional Mexican music? Loads of synthesizers and some synth tuba in the top track, "Tenerte."  5.3 million listens on Spotify.
Even the commercial that played before the song just then was in Spanish.  The Internet is so smart!  Homeboy looks 12.  I have no clue what he is saying.  His second-most-popular song (Mi Nina Traviesa) sounds like it is talking about his cabeza, and is heavy on the accordion.  Here is one with 14 million views on YouTube (but only 2.3 million on Spotify), which is a ton compared to other artists I have been reviewing.  This is "Escapate."
The video starts with some serious drama!  And then the accordion kicks in and its on.  I guess.  Is this a hot song?  His arm motions in the video make me think that he is really feeling it, like Backstreet Boys back in the day when they are being serious about their love. But the background music doesn't sound serious or angry enough.  I have no clue what is happening.  He is super tough and can take out two big bodyguards, but apparently has the driving vision of a 90 year old with double cataracts, if he couldn't get out of that weak blockade trap.  C'mon Luis!

No comments: