Thursday, August 6, 2015

Ranking: Mediocre

These folks have a song that keeps them out of the basement, or a bit of promise that may later be realized, but I can almost guarantee I'm not going to skip any other band to see them.

Lion Babe - pretty tight Erykah Badu thing going on here.
San Fermin - better on my second listen, still not terribly interesting
Sheppard - "Geronimo" is an ear worm, but I doubt I'll do this.
Daughter - Pretty indie.  Probably deserves to be up in the next tier.
Albert Hammond Jr. - Strokes-esque rock.
Amason - Swedish indie pop rock.  Pretty, but doubt I'd go see.
George Ezra - Budapest guy would love to leave it all for you, but I'm not so sure.
Asleep at the Wheel - a classic, but I doubt I'll do it.
Songhoy Blues - I may just decide that their blend of funky stuff outweighs the language barrier and go see. (as of 9/11/15, these guys are no longer listed on the lineup.)
Billy Idol - I remember him as better than he actually is.  Soft rock with a sneer.
Mikaela Davis - somehow makes pretty good music as a harpist.  Still harp-based indie.
Ruen Brothers - Roy Orbison-esque rockabilly?
Classixx - dance EDM.  Maybe coming to fest, maybe not?  Does anyone care?
Years and Years - "King" is great, but I'm not going to go watch them.  The rest of their album doesn't do it for me.
Brandon Flowers - Killer boring.
Nate Ruess - Used to be Fun.  Now not so much.
Con Brio - sexy R&B-ish
Eagle Rock Gospel Singers - first time I have dug on some gospel
Flosstradamus - marginally cool EDM stuff.
Halsey - electronic pop blah.  She graduates out of the No Ways based on that new single.


1 comment:

Joseph Cathey said...

If I hear George Ezra's awful "Blame It On Me" one more time on Sirius I'm going to throw myself out of the Odyssey. (I feel the same way about Ryan Adams equally annoying "Gimme Something Good")

My point is, George Ezra kind of sucks.