Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Preparing for the Foos

I'm extremely excited about the Friday night lineup, as I expect to enjoy Tame Impala, then Gary Clark Jr. (from afar), then the Foo Fighters.  All three of those are bands I'd go see on their own, so to fire up all three in a row is going to be amazing.  Best night of the festival, without a doubt.

In preparation for the Foo Fighters, if you are a big nerd like me, you may also want to jam a playlist of their set.  While they may change things up slightly, this is the set they've stayed pretty true to for the past few nights on their tour.  Mostly the hits, with a few of the new songs from Sonic Highways (including the Gary Clark Jr. one, which should be sweet to see).  Personally, I would have expected "Everlong" to be at the end, but more power to them if they want to crank it up to full power in the first two songs.

(re: the Van Halen in the middle, they also apparently cover Rush, Queen, Alice Cooper, and maybe others during this extended cover jam.  I'm not putting them all in here.  Also, it looks like they play a different cover each night in between "What Did I Do" and "This is a Call," from Tom Petty to Led Zeppelin to Jane's Addiction, so we'll see what they do in that slot for us.)

See you out there!

No comments: