Monday, September 14, 2015

El Tule

Another band only recently added to the lineup for Weekend One.  Local band.  Looks like they are going to be slotted at the Saturday 5 o'clock slot against Sturgill Simpson, KOA, and Twenty One Pilots.  Look, I'm not going to even play around like I know this style of music, that their website says is influenced by "Cumbia, Merengue, Salsa and Reggae." As far as I know, two of those words are food, one is Bob Marley, and one is the shortened name for the country where all the coke comes from.  
That being said, their most recent album is a pretty fun listen. Tight as hell on the rhythms. If I knew how to dance, I bet it would be a pretty fun show to go rip up the floor to.  But in real life, I've got nothing.  I can bob my head, but my days at Zavala Elementary are so far away by now that I couldn't salsa if you paid me.

Only one of their songs has more than 1,000 plays on Spotify, so I'm going with that one as their big track.  An instrumental called "Anthem," they just crack the grand threshhold with 1,143 spins.  No YouTube presence I could find for that song, so here is a Spotify link.

Here is their most popular YouTube video, from that same album, and called "Reggae Cumbia."
Looks like fun!  I'm already locked in to see Sturgill on Saturday during this time slot, but I would bet money that the folks who go see this show are going to have an awesome time.

No comments: