Thursday, August 17, 2017

Full Weekend One Schedule is OUT!

Man, I was really hoping to get all of the reviews done before the schedule came out, but I'm like 3 reviews short.  My vacation got in the way of handling my business, and for that, I apologize.  AND, from looking at the full schedule, I can tell that I have some new bands to review (dangit!) because even just on the first day, I can see that something called The Aces is on the schedule, but was not on the poster that I have been using to run through the bands.  More fun tunes!

WTF is up with that video, by the way?  You gotta get to 4:50 for the song.

https://www.aclfestival.com/schedule-weekend-one/

Let the weeping begin!  Let's see what I see that already makes me depressed:

  • Skepta vs. Royal Blood is some BS!  Someone must answer to me for this.  Especially when the two hours before that show are pretty weak.  Damn everyone to hell.
  • Jay-Z at the same time as the xx is also pretty weak-sauce.  I wanted to check out the xx, man!
  • Odd thing on this schedule, Bonobo is listed as "Bonobo (LIVE)," uh, aren;t all these bands going to play live?  Is there a question?
  • Car Seat Headrest at the same time as ASAP Ferg is also jenky.  Good thing I'm doing Saturday on both weekends.
  • Saturday night, I'm very pleased that Cube is on the same stage as the Chilis.  But the hard question will be whether to leave that stage to go watch Spoon, or suck it up and get super close for the Chilis.  I'm bummed to miss out on Chance the Rapper, but I'm for sure going to see the Chilis.
  • WTF is "Silent Disco" on the schedule both nights from 8-10?  Investigation is necessary.
  • I would have enjoyed seeing The Head & the Heart, but I'm choosing Run the Jewels over just about anything.
Take a look!  Gnash your teeth!  Welcome to the machine!

No comments: