Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Breaktime!

Hola amigos!

I hope that you are enjoying the reviews.  Some of these bands have been amazing - I'm digging some of the unknown stuff I've found already - The Texas Gentlemen, Khruangbin, Japanese Breakfast, Manchester Orchestra, Wilderado.  I've completed 44 reviews, so while I'm no where near done, I'm creeping up on the 1/3 mark.

I received an announcement this morning that new bands have been added to the lineup.  I had already noticed that a few things had been moving around, but I thought I'd take note of the changes here in case you had missed them.

Added:

  • Disturbed - Weekend 2 Only - AW YEAH!  DOWN WIT DA SICKNESS, BRA!  (at least I think that was their song.  Or are they the BODIES HIT THE FLOOR BODIES HIT THE FLOOR people?  Whatever.  We are going to RAWK)
  • Donna Missal - Weekend 2 Only.  Never heard of it.
Huh.  That's all the new bands.  Seems like they would have had more to send out an official announcement e-mail.

Moved up the poster for some reason:
  • Bishop Briggs - was on the 13th row and was moved up to the 10th row for some reason.  Must have scored a hit?
  • Injury Reserve - was on the 23rd line, now on the 19th line.  Finally respecting my boys, yo.
Still there although I am nervous:
Brockhampton.  They've been in the new recently for firing one of their main members for being shitty to women, and as part of that announcement they said they were cancelling the remaining dates on their tour and going home to regroup.  Pusha T took over their slot at the Governor's Ball festival, so I'm still worried that we might get them yanked from our poster as well.

Observation so far with the people who are signed up for only one weekend or the other - the Weekend One Only people are better.  Deftones > Disturbed.  Greta Van Fleet > most of this lineup.  Khruangbin > Any other Thai influenced funk bands.  Injury Reserve > all the other rappers on here not named Childish Gambino.  Texas Gentlement, Wilderado, and The Weather Station, all weekend one only and very good.

Maybe I'm just not into the rad Weekend Two portion of the poster.  Let's get there, baby.

No comments: