Monday, June 18, 2018

Red Yarn

One Liner: Kiddie Limits music with a barnyard/animal theme
Wikipedia Genre: No Wikipedia, Kiddie.
Home:  Texas born, Oregon-based.

Poster Position: 30

Day: Friday at 4:30 and Saturday at 12:30
Weekend One Only.

Thoughts: Kinda roots country sounding, but with lots of barnyard and animal references.  The most popular track is "I Had a Rooster," which has a kinda funky butt to it that I like.
I saw a live version video of that one as well, and without the bassist in the background, the song is much less pleasant.  Reminds me of a song Andy from the Office would have sung - especially the "doodly doooodly doodly doo" bit.  Can't you just see the Nard Dog wandering into Michael's office giving it the full doodly doo?  I'm sure the 2 year olds would enjoy toddling as this stuff plays, but as my kids are out of that zone, I likely won't have to go to it.  I'll give you one more, which is called "Bile Them Cabbage."
Again, the tune is good, the guitar-work and drumming fun, the violin classic.  I generally enjoy what this has going on, as far as kiddie music goes.  As for what the hell bile has to do with cabbage, this is apparently an old folk song that has to do with slave food and boiling cabbage to go with a hoe cake.  Good tune.

No comments: