Monday, August 21, 2023

Sonia De Los Santos

One Liner: Spanish (mostly) action for the Kiddies

Wikipedia Genre: 
None, singer-songwriter-ey kiddie tunes

Home: Monterey, Mex.

Poster Position: Not on the poster
Weekend One Only.  Friday and Saturday.

Thoughts:   Her Spotify bio mentions that she has played Austin City Limits, but I don't find an old review for her.  Not sure if that means I was just a jerk and didn't review her, or if her bio is looking forward.  Either way, this is some bilingual kiddie tunes with simple beats and fun lyrics (or at least the ones I can understand).
Her top streamers are all from 2018's Alegria - this is "Mi Papa Me Va a Comprar."  299k streams.
According to Google, that title translates to "my dad is going to buy me."  Which is an odd song title.  Is this song about adoption?  Is that like the way the youths use "Daddy" to mean their lover?  I think I heard them sing something about an orange and an accordion, so maybe this song is just them singing that their dad is going to buy them a lot of crap.  It's a capitalism anthem in Spanish.

No comments: