Tuesday, August 17, 2021

GIGI

One Liner: One chilled guitar tune - pretty good!

Wikipedia Genre: No Wikipedia, calling it Indie.
Home: The Moon

Poster Position: BMI Stage

Weekend Two
Saturday at 12:05 on the BMI Stage

Thoughts:  Love to find artists like this, who choose the worst possible names for their band name.  Spotify lists over 50 artists who use just "Gigi" as their artist name (and of course a million that use that word in conjunction with some other word or punctuation or something. A couple minutes of internet sleuthing didn't get me to any definitive answer here, so I'm just going with the top entry here.

One song, "Sometimes (Backwood)" that somehow has gathered up 16.9 million streams.  Seems like this has to be the right artist, right?
Lovely!  Sounds like I should be in a coffee shop working on a macbook while this guy holds forth in the corner.  
Weird thing is that I can't find out anything about the guy.  Searching for the name gets me nothing helpful.  Searching with the song included just gets me pages of the lyrics and youtube videos of covers and proof that this is a TikTok song.  So, I tell you NOTHING!  He has a good song though!

No comments: