Sunday, September 4, 2022

Dcarr

One Liner: Awful rap garbage

Wikipedia Genre: No Wikipedia, but terrible rap
Home: Satan's anus

Poster Position: New addition to the poster
Weekend Two Only.  Friday.

Thoughts:  So, there is a rapper out there named D.Carr the Fly Guy, who has a pretty legit rap.
Pretty tight!  I like it!  But that doesn't seem to be the same as what we are talking about here.  Dcarr has no Wikipedia, and there are several shitty looking things on Spotify that I guess it could be?  One has no picture (no songs, but appears on other people's tunes).  One has the period (D.Carr) and says it has a song called "Married to Ben Franklin."  One is a photo of two football players in an indoor field (two songs, and they suck).  What is happening here?  I found a reddit thread where someone with this name got added to the Lolla poster at the last minute too, and people were like "who the F is this?"  Apparently his instagram just got created and he has no followers, and then someone called him a Lil Dicky ripoff and I laughed.

I guess we just assume this dork is the guy who will be at ACL.  Must be a relative to the Festival organizers.  Here is a deeply awful video for a song called "Married to Ben Franklin."
Just awful.  I feel like I need to quote that line from Billy Madison.  "Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."  There is another shit song called "Get the Pipe," which is of course all about his penis.  This is just awful, horrible, no good shit.  How in the world are the putting this on a stage at the Festival?

In that video, part of it is shot at Zilker Park, so maybe he's from Austin?  Either way, shit song and terrible follow up.  I am so glad there are only two songs so I can move on.

No comments: